Pig Wrestling - Thursday, July 16 at 7:00pm
Admission: Adult $20, Students and Seniors $10. Over 80 and under 8 are free.
Info on Participation
Divisions (4 People per Team)
- Pee Wee (Ages 5 - 8 years)
- Intermediate (Ages 9 - 15 years) **UPDATE 7-11-15: THIS CLASS IS NOW FULL. Any teams in this age group that still want to sign up may enter in the Men/Women groups if they so choose.
- Men (Ages 16 and up)
- Women (Ages 16 and up)
To Register for the Event:
- Complete the Registration & Liability Form.
- Until Tuesday, July 14: Deliver forms and entry fees ($40 per team) to Jordan Stoltz at PO Box 475, Valier MT 59486. You may also drop off at Pony Expressions in Valier or at the Marias Fair Office in Shelby.
- From Wednesday, July 15 until NOON on Thursday, July 16: Registration forms can be turned in to Julie Arnold at the Open Class Exhibit Building.
- Registration will close at NOON on Thursday.
- Each Division has a limit of 10 teams each, so get signed up early!
Call Jordan at
472-3386, 279-3362 or 229-0279
Pig Wrestling Rules
- Teams must to be checked in by no later than 6:30 pm the day of the event. (no others allowed in arena)
- Each team has 1 minute to put their pig in the barrel.
- Begin with 2 players on either side of the gate with one hand on the fence.
- No player may use gloves, spikes, hooks or any other object to help catch pig.
- No hitting pig to stun or otherwise harm animal.
- Pig must be taken to the barrel in the center of the ring. Barrel may not be taken to the pig.
- Barrel must be upright and pig must be put in barrel butt first.
- Players must stay and help unload pig out of the barrel.
- The judge’s ruling is final.
Winning Team Prizes
Prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
$100 prize for top costume.
Calcutta for the adult contestants.